Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Busy Busy!


So this weekend we had a very fun impromptu trip to LA. We were hanging out with our new friend Kelly, who is from Grand Rapids and went to Calvin! We met her at Church and she is super sweet. We went to Church, then to Soupplantaion for some lunch. At lunch Kelly mentioned that the American Music Awards with in LA that night, so we decided to go. It was cool...we stood across the street from the Nokia theater, which is next to the Staples center where the Lakers play, and watched stars get out of their cars. We saw Beyonce, Rihanna, Kid Rock, Ryan Seacrest...who else...oh Slash? I didn't know who he was but Nate did. Anywho, it was cool. I have never done anything like that before. We decided next time something like this happens we will get tickets and go! We are also (we meaning Kelly and I, Nate might not be into this) going to try to go to Ellen, and any other shows we can find. It is really cool being close to such a big city!

Tonight we went to Dave and Busters, which is a giant Chuck E Cheese for adults. We went with some fun people from work and got dinner and played some games. I tried dance dance revolution and was terrible. We did trivia, boxing, racing and won some tickets. It was an experience!

Thanksgiving is coming up! What is everyone doing? We are going to spend it with Wade, Michelle and the kids. We are excited to spend some time with them! I am going to make Mashed Potatoes (your recipe mom :) ) and Applesause (Also from you mom). Maybe I will try some sweet potoatoes. We will see.

Hope everyones Thanksgiving is wonderful!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I made it to Michigan.. and sadly you are not here :( haha.. I'll give Grand Haven a hug for you :P

Wally Harrison said...

Way to hit the AMA's, that's good stuff.

mom said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I really miss you guys. Snow here..Fl by 5:30 (keeping my fingers crossed)
I should just come there Feb & march..so much more fun than this cold.
love you
mom

mom said...

At 2:22 this morning 11-14-07, I said to myself it's late , I should go to bed. Then I thought of 11-24-85 at 2:22-(the morning after the Michigan/ohio state game) to having my sweet baby girl..Happy birthday honey..miss you love you. I am a lucky mom!!!