Sunday, September 30, 2007

Adjusting!

So we are getting adjusted! This is a picture of our relocube when it got here...a bit of a difference, but not too much. and not too much was broken, so that is great! We did have excellent packers though!!
I am trying to get pictures up, but the computer is not cooperating! So here is one of Mike and Nate cleaning the windows the first day, and boy did they need it! The whole place needed
quite a cleaning, but after a little help from our friends, it was much better. It is very different here. We do like the experience, it is just a big
learning experience. People are so laid back, Ocean Beach, where we live, it known as the hippee town. It is a lot of surfers!
Mike and Joni have been wonderful! I do not know what we would do without them! We have had a lot of fun hanging out, cooking dinner together and going to Ikea! Woo Hoo Ikea! It is so close, I love it!
Also, this whole internet thing has been a challege. I just went to this really cute outdoor coffee shop and got some chai, and sat down to use the internet. And there was no internet. What coffee shop doesn't have wireless? Well this one didn't. So I walked down to Starbucks. Too bad i had to buy two drinks, but I learned! OB is all about supporting local businesses, so i was trying to, and not go to Starbucks. But I needed to update the blog! :) So here I am.
I got a part time job working at the YMCA at an after school program. It should be great, and I am excited to start! It is very part time, so I need to find another job too. There is a coffee shop that looks promising, but we will see.
Nate is talking to a builder on Tuesday about working with him, he is from Holland, which is sort of strange, but very cool...Nate got his name from Tom Pushaw. We will see what happens, but it is a good lead! Nate also signed up to take the USPS exam to be a postal carrier. I understand it is really hard, but it would be a great job.
Yesterday Joni and I went to the Swap meet at got some super cute cheap clothes. It is like a giant flea market, but cooler because there are lots of different types of stuff. It is like a Farmers market/garage sale/tjmax. We had lots of fun though. It was great to have some girl time!
My mom is coming Tuesday to bring our Ollie! We are very excited to see both of them!
Well that is all for now, I can't seem to get more pictures up, so click on the link below and that will go to my facebook pictures!

2 comments:

Caroline said...

YAY! You made it! I can't wait to hear about your adventures! It's so HOT here - and I bet y'all are hot too - much different from the Michigan weather we both left.

I miss you dearly and look forward to an update:)

Gerald said...

You two...I finally got a chance to catch up on all of your posts. I'm so glad to hear all that you've been doing. As I'm reading these I've been imagining you both doing all these things like eating ribs, camping in the rockies, taking the camry off roading, and it makes me so excited for you two. Its sweet how you are out relying on only each other and God, what an awesome adventure. I have to say that you guys are an inspiration to me, and are really living out life as its meant to be. I cant wait to get out there and see you, and hope the rest of the transition continues to go smoothly. Give matti a pat on the head and Olli a tickle on the belly. I love you guys.
Love, Gerald
ps pray i do good on exams, uhg